Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Anyone for Popcorn?

Today is my youngest daughter's 41st birthday. She can't believe it and neither can I.  We were going to get her a dog, but she prayed long and hard and wisely made the decision that she simply didn't have the time and energy to devote to raising a puppy. So she's put it off for a few years. Having a rambunctious (as in ADHD) 6 yr. old probably was a major factor. And there's a full-time quite intensive job. GROAN! I'm not sure just how young women make it these days.

Onto to my card. I bought this adorable Judith popcorn stamp from the weekend stamp convention. I had her in mind. My daughter adores popcorn...will eat it every day if she has the time. Air-popped, loaded with salt and butter and she doesn't gain a pound or have high blood pressure, unlike her mom. GROAN! She also loves movies. She's a Twi-girl especially, but anything romantic will do. The tickets are from Tim Holtz and the sentiment is from SU. The popped corn has crystal effects on it and is actually quite bright yellow IRL. Everything is stamped in Memento tuxedo black and the sentiment is on a vellum pennant shape with a couple of SU yellow candy dots for a little umph.
The embossed mat is one of Cuttlebug's first issues.

And finally, my dd loved the card. Especially since there was a movie gift card inside.

Coming soon, a photo of all the mounted stamps purchased from the convention.

Blessings,
Erica

2 comments:

Sandra H said...

"ME PLEASE".....Lol gorjess is this Erica x

Karen Dunbrook said...

soooo cute!