Sunday, March 9, 2014

Less Is More Challenge no. 162, One Layer Week

It's time for one layer card week at Less Is More. And we are too use flowers. Yes, America is so very tired or cold weather. Here in AZ, we have some beautiful wildflowers that many consider to be weeds. Since I'm not native to Arizona, I love even the weeds. That set me to googling and I discovered an amazing fact about about this state. According to Wikipedia, Arizona has more native edible plants than anywhere else on earth. Now put that in your trivia basket for later use.

Onto to my card. I'm feeling very springy. Hmm is that why they call the season spring? Since you feel like springing up and down in anticipation of beautiful weather and all that comes with it. Again, I digress. Here's a one layer card with a cute little hen chick wearing the most adorable bonnet. She's ready for Easter I'd say. She's "Floral Bonnet Baby" from Stampendous and the sentiment is a Studio "G" stamp. All of her beautiful feathers and hat were colored using various Copics. I didn't quite center the sentiment, so I added some scoring on the right-side corners hoping to "draw" the eye a bit to center. She will be posted (love that British word) to one of my more whimsical friends back east.


Blessings,
Erica

5 comments:

Darnell said...

This is a perfect and classic card for celebrating spring, Erica! Your chickie is the Carmen Miranda of springtime!! Nice to meet you through SCT and be your newest follower! I'd love for you to follow me, too, if you'd like! Hugs, Darnell

Anne said...

Erica what a fun bunch of spring flowers, so cute!
Thanks for taking part in the one layer challenge at LIM this week
Anne (Guest LIM commenter)

Jen Nelson said...

great stamp
Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
Less Is More

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card Erica and perfect in everyway x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

That's just too cute!