Saturday, March 1, 2014

Simply Create Too Challenge 56...Use Your Stash

And my of my, have I ever got a stash. I had the audacity to add to it today. It was Stamp Convention Day in Mesa, Arizona, and despite much-needed  rain and a well-known Marathon Day that snarled traffic, I braved it to increase my hoard. Actually, I was quite selective in my choices, but still managed to spend more than planned. My excuse, prices have gone up. And of course, the usual  plea...quite valid in my opinion, I don't drink, smoke, cuss, and rarely eat out. A girl has to have some sort of addiction.

On to my entry for the Simply Create Too design team.


There's not much to this. The card base is a pre-made card from a Recollections Assorted Box of Cards n Black & Creme. Michaels will now run a sale of 40% off these collections. They come in super handy when you are stressed for time. If you don't like the majority of the cards, consider buying them for the envelopes. There are 40 envies and cards. At 40% of the $9.99 regular price, it's not bad. You can also cut up the cards to use as mats. Sure works for me.

The only other addition is a mat with the sentiment from InkADinkADoo, stamped in ColorBox charcoal chalk ink. I love the boldness of it.  Whenever I won't be coloring, I use this ink. It's spot-on black.

You have two weeks to submit. I know you want to use your stash. No worries about having "just the right stamp or die cuts, or flowers...etc. Head on over to Simply Create Too and link up.

Blessings & Hugs.

P.S. I'll be sharing some of my goodies all this week right here.



2 comments:

Sandra H said...

Aww this is so beautiful Erica x

Joan B said...

beautiful!