Saturday, August 23, 2014

Simply Create Too Design Team challenge no. 68...Mono/Madness

Hi Friends,
That's monochromatic madness to you, but I quite grew exhausted typing the entire word when thanking bloggers for entering this latest Simply Create Too challenge. So, I like blues and here is my card.


Kindly ignore the junk in the back...must just get some white poster board from Walmart soon!

A bit of work went into this, but I was inspired when I had a bit of a windfall at Tuesday Morning and found Spellbinder dies deeply discounted. I had to control myself, as there were sets available, that I'd never get because of the expense and my limited artistic capacity to use them. But the bird cage? Well, I'd been wanting either this one from Tim Holtz. I am thinking I do prefer this one. TH has a larger one and my cards are most often A2 size. This card is filled with die use...the Anna Griffin embossed and colored flowers, the sentiment, the tiny flowers, and the cage. I died the ribbon and used a Cuttlebug embossing folder for the card base. rounding the corners. Several brands of card stock were used...Bazzil, SU, and DCWV.

Won't you head on over to Simply Create Too and play for the second week of our challenge?
We'd love to see your creations.

Blessings,
Erica

3 comments:

Sandra H said...

"WOW" Erica your card is stunning x

Joan B said...

bright and fun!!!

Dawn said...

Beautiful card, I love the colour & the sparkle!
Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog & leave me a lovely comment!
Hugs
Dawn xx